St. Fiacc’s Swimming Pool
Click the button to below to see our Timetable on our Facebook Page
GRAIGUECULLEN SWIMMING POOL
We have been working hard behind the scenes to continue to make our pool a safe and welcoming environment. There are a few things you will need to be aware of when visiting our facility. You will not need to pre-book your pool time. Our dedicated staff will be on hand to answer any queries you may have but have a read of the following to help you along the way…
- Sauna and Steam Room available during any public session.
- We would advise people to arrive “beach ready” – have their togs already on under their clothes, where possible. This will lessen their time in the cubicle and more swimming time!
- Showers will be available for a quick rinse only, before and after your swim.
- Our timetable will beupdated every week and can be viewed on our Facebook page or pick up a copy at the pool.
- We do not have card payment facility at the moment
- Phones, cameras and recording devices are strictly prohibited at the pool, changing areas and viewing area.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon but if you are feeling unwell or are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 such as a high temperature, cough, breathing difficulties or generally feeling unwell please don’t visit us just yet, we will welcome you when you are better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I need to book my pool time
No you do not need to pre-book your swim time..
- What are your opening times?
Our weekly timetable will be available as usual. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and our printed timetable for public session times. Or phone 059 9140330.
- Do you have a Sauna & Steam room?
Yes, you can use our Sauna and Steam Room during any public session.
- Is your facility wheelchair accessible, or accessible for someone with limited mobility?
Yes, we have a pool hoist and portable pool hoist, and also gradual steps for people with limited mobility, along with our showers, changing room and toilet
- Can I use the cubicles and showers?
Yes, we would ask swimmers to come to the pool ‘beach ready’ with their swimming togs already on when possible.
Showers will still be available for swimmers to have their usual quick rinse before swimming and also after their swim. Long showers are no longer permitted in order to avoid queues forming and reduce usage.. Staff will be on a continuous cleaning route as people leave cubicles and showers.
- Do you have lockers?
Yes, you will need a 50c coin which is returned.
- Can I watch from the viewing area?
- Can I pay using my Debit / Credit card?
We do not have any card payment facilities at the moment.
- Do you have Hand Sanitising stations?
Yes, we have wall mounted Hand Sanitising Stations at each Entry / Exit point and also throughout the facility.
- Can I bring my children swimming?
Yes, of course we would be delighted to have everyone back swimming, once they are well. Chidden 8yrs and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Do you have a lost and found?
We would usually keep items in our lost and found but unfortunately we will be unable to keep any items that are left behind at the moment.
- Do I need to wear a swim hat?
Yes, all swimmers must wear a swim hat.
- What if I forget my swim hat or goggles?
Hats/Goggles are available to purchase in the shop.
- Does pool water kill Coronavirus?
Yes, because Covid-19 is an enveloped virus, it is more sensitive to chlorination than other non-enveloped viruses. (World Health Organization, 2020: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/water-sanitation-hygiene-and-waste-management-for-the-covid-19–virus-interim-guidance).
It is recommended by our HSE Public Health Department that pool operators should use a free chlorine concentration of at least 1.5mg/l and our facility operates at between 1.5 – 2mg/l. (www.pwtag.org)
Please visit our Facebook page for our most up to date information, phone 059 9140330 or on our website https://www.graiguecullenkilleshin.com/st-fiaccs-swimming-pool/
Children: €5 – Up to 9pm
Parent & Tot: Under 2yrs – €6.50
Adult Early Bird: 9am – 9.45am Mon – Friday €5
Family Ticket: 2 Adults & 2 Children €18 – Up to 9pm
Adult Concessions: Every Monday – Friday Morning from 9.00am – 9.45am. Cost: €5
ADULT SWIMMING LESSONS
Adult swimming Lessons take place every Tuesday and Thursday night @ 9pm, but this may vary throughout the year. Cost: €8.00 per lesson
SAUNA AND STEAM ROOM
Sauna and Steam Room are open during any public session.
CHILDREN SWIMMING LESSONS
Mondays @ 5pm & 6pm. | Tuesdays @ 5pm & 6pm. | Wednesdays @ 5pm & 6pm. | Saturdays @ 9am, 10am & 1pm. Check our Facebook page or contact the office on 059 9140330 for the most up to date details.Childrens lesson terms begin in January, April and September. Easter and Summer Swim Camps.
Water Aerobics are now Mondays at 8.15pm, Wednesdays at 8pm and Fridays at 12 noon.No need to book. Cost: €8.00